a little heavier each morning, a night’s worth
of bullet casings tangled in her hair.
I haven’t written a poem since July. When I write now mostly, it’s either an essay or the book.
(The book is a beast. It eats the same part of my brain poetry likes to eat.)
Anyway, a poem I wrote a while back is in Quarterly West’s new issue.
Reading it makes me want to write poems again.
(My book just gave me a mean look.)
You can read the poem here.
- waaaaaaaaaaaytoomuch reblogged this from theferocity
- cursingthewindunearthingthesun likes this
- vallyn said: Brilliant poem.
- vallyn likes this
- ilikeyoudear likes this
- vswetlaufer reblogged this from theferocity
- vswetlaufer likes this
- crushedmagnolias likes this
- reginaagu likes this
- karendurant likes this
- sarahkasm likes this
- a-little-psychotic said: wow… I loved that poem! Amazing work!
- tinacohen2chain likes this
- strivingforwards likes this
- virginia-isforlovers likes this
- wonderlicious likes this
- theferocity posted this